Monday, August 13, 2012

Honey Mustard Chicken

Trying to get a lot of my favorites and reliable stand-by's out of the way, so time now for Honey Mustard Chicken.  Although, to be fair, I don't really follow that recipe too closely.  Yeah, it was helpful to use their cooking guidelines: 350 degrees, about 30 minutes, flip and another 10-15.  And I try to use equal parts mustard and honey as they prescribe.  But I ignore their spice additions (maybe if they called for some thyme that would get my attention).  I also prefer using skinless, boneless thighs when ol' Morton Williams has 'em.

In any case, it's a straightforward but tasty dish, and it's worth keeping the two main sauce ingredients (honey and mustard, if you're paying attention) around.  Here's it with some classic kale chips:


And here it is accompanied by roasted Brussels sprouts with pepperoni.  This concept (not even really a recipe) deserves its own paragraph.  It's so simple - just half a sprout with a pepperoni on top.  Amazing, though:


No comments:

Post a Comment