Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Avocado Cucumber Soup



My inaugural paleo-month dish was this absolutely DELICIOUS raw, creamy avocado soup with a surprising amount of zest due to--Dan's favorite--CUCUMBER!

*BUT, I must preface the recipe...I had to alter things slighty based on a few...issues...

NOTES:
I couldn't open the jar of coconut oil so I used extra-virgin olive oil.
I am an idiot and couldn't find green onions at the store so I left them out.
I don't like celery so I left that out as well.
And I garnished with blackberries instead of parsley, BECAUSE I CAN.

ALSO, you can definitely add whatever spices you want to jazz it up; chili powder, garlic, etc...

INGREDIENTS: (serves 2-4)
∙ 2 organic green onions
∙ handful of organic Italian parsley
∙ 1 organic cucumber
∙ 2 organic celery stalks
∙ 2 organic avocados
∙ 2 tbsp of organic coconut oil (melted, but not heated, at room temperature)
∙ 2+ cups of water (fluoride free is best)
∙ sea salt
∙ organic black pepper

Directions:
1. Chop green onions and parsley. Set aside.
2. Dice cucumbers and celery. Set aside.
3. Peel avocados and remove seed. Then add to a container for blending.
4. Blend avocados, onions, parsley, cucumber, celery, coconut oil and water.
5. Add spices and blend again. Taste and make adjustments. Add more water if necessary.
6. Pour soup into 2 bowls and garnish with parsley. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment